Saturday, March 22, 2008

Media Center Remote

I have had my Media Center Remote since i had my first TV tuner card, it was a Compro T300 the analog/digital one that has slow channel change times.

I love this remote, so much so that the whole right hand side of the remote, is striped of paint because of people holding it with sweetly palms. There is no way you can have a MCE PC with out one. The range is excellent and the receiver has a enormous cable. This is designed for dedicated theater rooms when you may want to mount the reciver on the roof 1/2 down a 20 meter room.

The remote also has other uses i have used it with power point at university to change slides in presentations. The reciver also comes with IR transmitters so that i believe, you can set it up so it can control foxtel and other IR devices. however with my setup there is no need for this.

I also have programed the TV on/off button and the voulme up/down to my 5.1 speakers. This enables my entire MEC setup to have only one remote. the only thing i cant do is turn off my light.

The buttons light up when pressed, this i useful when watching movies in the dark, also the layout of the keys is very intuitive. It only took me half a week to learn and it was created for MCE 2005 so it works perfectly.

10/10

0 comments:

 
(c) Steven Cole 2008-2009

Blogger and Google, along with any other trade mark's are in no way affiliated with this publishing.
Backlink Exchange - FREE Blog Directory WebLog Directory Blog Search Engine Blog Listings Add Your Blog.com Gold