Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jabra BT620 Review

Hi everyone,

I decided to make my first real post a review about my latest purchase, bluetooth headphones( Jabra BT620).
I purchased the headset from a three shop in Brisbane city for $89AUS, I was in need of some new headphones for my Sony Ericsson K800i.

I have a 2gb memory stick in it so it has replaced my RCA LYRA RD280 for the buss trips to and from university. The Lyra i modified to have a 80gb hard drive (instead of the standard 20gb) with the help from a tutorial I found on line, however the RD2780 is kinda huge and cumbersome , my phone however is not, and seeings as i always have my phone on me anyway (who doesn't these days?) it kinda made sense to use it as my MP3 player.

I also have a laptop for university, this laptop also has bluetooth witch is kinda handy. I have found the headphones are not quite loud enough to block out the buss noises. There loud but i think its cause i am use to the bud earphones that seem to block more sound from entering the ear. I don't miss the video playback from my RD2780 because i can just watch any video/movie on my laptop and lets face it 14.1" beats 5" or what ever the RD2780 screen size is.

Also the public transport system just implemented Go Cards, there kinda cool however i think i for got to touch my card of at the end of the trip today =/ .

The feeling of getting on the buss listing to MP3's on my phone with out wires and swiping my go card with it still in my pocket,not getting tangled to the lady pushing past is nice. Then loading up a movie on my laptop and not having to unplug the headphones to switch devices is brilliant.

However again there kinda just not loud enough, and well the fell comfie when you first put them on, but after three hours or so, the tops of your ears fell like there on fire.

The battery life is nice to apparently its 14 hours playing mp3's and 16 hours using it as a head set. Also when plugged in to a computer they charge and can be used at the same time, however you can turn them up heaps when there plugged in and well they kinda clip (sorta like bad distorting noise where it cuts out) really bad.

All in all i like them, but i can see some people hating them, sure there not the best headphones out. I predict more and more people will be after wireless headphones because well lets face it who likes having wires dangling from your ears.

Still i enjoy the strange look people give me when they see i have headphones with no cable. Especially when i am watching a movie on my laptop.

8/10 for this one.

0 comments:

 
(c) Steven Cole 2008-2009

Blogger and Google, along with any other trade mark's are in no way affiliated with this publishing.
Backlink Exchange - FREE Blog Directory WebLog Directory Blog Search Engine Blog Listings Add Your Blog.com Gold