Friday, May 8, 2009

NoAdShoutcast

Hi everyone,

Today I was listing to my favorite Internet radio stream, chronix radio I started wondering if there was a way to remove the advertising (i have donated and have 3 shirts) that the station played. Long story short I have created a custom application that will auto mute your system wave winamp when a blacklisted ad comes on.

You will need winamp.

Download the installer Verson 1.2.0 Here better version see latest post here

Donations can be made at skidmarksteve2@gmail.com, enjoy.

Any feature requests can be made here,


TODO:
Mute winamp only
System tray icon
Auto blacklist stuff based on a critera
Winamp Plugin instead of seprate program
Play MP3 when ads are on??
Stay on top option

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds really nice, but it would be better if you've made this a Winamp plug-in, not a separate application.

Steveo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey, I just happened to realize how I'm annoyed by radio commercials so I googled what came up as a link to your program. Great!!! Hope I make it work :-) Thanky!!!

Anonymous said...

Adding it to the TODO list now :D

Cool, looking forward to it. :)

Anonymous said...

this program is so good to use when you listen to Chronix radio because they have all the gay ads that make you want to kill someone. thanks heaps :)

Steveo said...

If anyone's wondering i just have "ProviderA" as my detection method, I actually like the "chronix raido, listener supported radio" adverts.

Its the obnoxious American adds that make me want to stab someone.

Also I have wanted to make something like this for the iphone, and rewrite it as a winamp plug-in.

Unfortunately this would take time and i am quite snowed under at the moment.

 
(c) Steven Cole 2008-2009

Blogger and Google, along with any other trade mark's are in no way affiliated with this publishing.
Backlink Exchange - FREE Blog Directory WebLog Directory Blog Search Engine Blog Listings Add Your Blog.com Gold